How to Prevent Eye WrinklesLike spilled milk, prevention is better than cure to prevent eye wrinkles. When it comes to skin surface, the skin near our eyes is slightly on the sensitive side as compared to other parts of our face. This is also a reason wrinkles show up more at these areas. Once you understand the causes of wrinkles, the next step involves avoiding them. Some steps which would help you prevent under eye wrinkles are discussed below.
Tips for Preventing Wrinkles under Eyes
1. Wear Sunglasses to Prevent Under Eye WrinklesSun is a boon and a curse. UV rays from the sun are a principle cause of under eye wrinkles. Try wearing broad sunglasses which cover your eyes and also some portion below it. Good quality sunglasses are better.
2. Use Moisturizers to Prevent Wrinkles Under EyesFine lines lead to wrinkles and moisturizers help here. It is recommended to use a good quality moisturizer on daily basis. Hydrated skin helps make wrinkles less noticeable.
3. Use a Humidifier to Avoid Eye WrinklesDirect air affects your skin in a way. Humidifier helps towards preventing fine lines and wrinkles under eyes. However, this method has the least amount of effect as compared to other methods used to prevent wrinkles around eyes.
4. Use Anti Wrinkle Eye CreamsDuring and after middle age, it is advised to use a good anti wrinkle cream even if you have managed to avoid wrinkles. You could try an eye cream with organic ingredients to get rid of under eye wrinkles naturally. Use the eye wrinkle cream very gently over the areas prone to wrinkles as these areas are delicate.
5. Avoid Squinting to Prevent Crows Feet Wrinkles around EyesThe best way to avoid eye wrinkles is to avoid squinting and scrunching of your eyes. This happens mostly when a person is depressed or upset. Wearing sunglasses will prevent squinting, and thus help prevent wrinkles around eyes.
6. Avoid Pressure from PillowsMost of the population sleeps on a side of their body. This position has their face placed on the pillow which may cause rubbing or even pulling the area prone to wrinkles. The best position to avoid wrinkles is to sleep on your back. However this factor varies from person to person hence it is advisable to rest on your back at least during small durations of rest like afternoon naps.
7. Avoid Rubbing your Eyes for Preventing Eye WrinklesA person may rub his eyes when he feels tired or sleepy. As this area is delicate, this can cause wrinkles with time. Be gentle to your skin and more so to the skin near your eyes. Avoid rubbing your eyes with your hands or fingers. Try washing your face when you get an urge to rub your eyes.
Generally speaking, it is easier to prevent eye wrinkles than treating them when they arrive unexpectedly.
You May Also Like: